Sunday, July 5, 2020

Left Fur Dead

This was a different style cozy by J M Griffin than those I normally read.   In this case the main character, Jules, has the ability to telepathically communicate with her rabbit, Bun.   Bun is an active participant is trying to solve the mysterious death of an acquaintance of Jules.  He is also an active player in discovering who is behind some unexplained activities at Jules' Rabbit Farm.   I enjoyed the book more than I expected because I am not generally a fan of the supernatural style cozy mysteries.  I think I would continue to read the series to see what further adventures the two amateur detectives find themselves involved in going forward.


Left Fur Dead (Jules & Bun Mystery #1)Left Fur Dead by J.M. Griffin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While I did end up enjoying this cozy mystery, I did have a hard time getting engaged in the story. I found the beginning a bit slow and at times the dialogue between Jules and Bun felt forced. It created an unnatural flow to the story telling at times. That being said it was a nice cozy set among the rabbit farm in a small town in New Hampshire. The characters were endearing and the plot twists were unique even if you figured out the who the why provex to be an interesting component.


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #70
  2. Literary Escapes-  NH
  3. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book  #55
  4. Cruising through cozies -  paranormal #2
  5. Medical Examiner-  1 Toe Tag 
  6. Six Shooter-  1st shot Target 23
  7. TBR Book #38  #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon

No comments:

Post a Comment