Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Christmas Shopaholic


I always enjoy reading a book by Sophie Kinsella.   This is the 2nd book I have read by her this year.  She my review of Undomestic Goddess for my previous read this year.

This book brought me back in touch with Becky, the shopaholic, that was my oringinal introduction to Kinsellla's fun and lighthearted style.  I have missed a few books int eh series but that really didn't impact the enjoyment of the book.

Becky, is up to her usual shopping self, only she is no longer living in a major metropolitan area.  The book is full of comedic moments and misunderstandings.  We get to see Becky's quirky personality and witness her evolving relationship with her husband.

As expected Christmas is a time of stress and shopping.   Kinsella lets us in on the confusion that surrounds Becky and hre universe.  It wasn't terrible to read the books out of order but it would probably be a bit more enjoyable to have read all the previous books in the series as there are references to the other book s and life events.

All in all a fun lighthearted read.




Christmas ShopaholicChristmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

another fun installment in the life of Becky Brandon nee Bloomwood. This is a fun book if you are looking for a distracting read from all the serious news around us. It is not imperative to read the other books first but it does help to know what the story references and to experience life events in order.


View all my reviews

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #77
  2. Monthly Motif   #MonthlyMotifGXO- around  this world  - country different from your own

No comments:

Post a Comment