Saturday, July 22, 2023

Moon Spinners

 

This is the 3rd Seaside Knitters mystery by Sally Goldenbaum.  I am glad it wasn't the first because I might have given up on the series.  Moon Spinners started out a bit slowly and I found many of the characters were easy to confuse.  Both names and relationships were a bit indistinguishable at times.  For those who are interested in knitting, there are plenty of references to the craft.  I also appreciate how there is a relationship formed over the craft and it is utilized as means for healing.   The characters are relatable and it is easy to root for them as the story progressed.  The mystery was well thought out and developed.   The clues and structure are well done.  

Moon SpinnersMoon Spinners by Sally Goldenbaum
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed the book but for some reason had trouble getting engaged. i also felt a bit lost at times because the character names kept getting muddled in my attempts to follow the story. I enjoyed the motive and twists of the mystery it was just a bit less fluid of a read for me than the others I have read so far

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book # 84 
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #  68 
  3. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023 3
  4. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023 1
  5. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #76
  6. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book # 61
  7. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #37
  8. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #62
  9. Craving for Cozies  Book #54
  10. Six Shooter Challenge  Target # 46 Shot #3
  11. Medical Examiner Challenge  1 Toe Tags
  12. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub2023  #46 Script Font on the Spine
  13. Around the Year in 52 Books #38. A book with the sun, moon, or stars on the cover
  14. Cozy Mysteries   #6 Sun, Moon, or Stars on the cover

No comments:

Post a Comment