Thursday, July 27, 2023

Near Miss

 In the 64th Stone Barrington novel I am not sure why I would expect it to be anything different from the others but I guess I was hoping the new co-author would make it feel a bit fresh and different.  In this book, Stone finds himself in the crosshairs of some nasty people yet again.  And surprise, he finds his way to having multiple bedmates during the story.  His recurring relationship with Holly Barker made an appearance but I am not really sure why it had any relevance to the story at all.  At least the 2nd female acquaintance set the stage for why someone was after him.  His last companion is at least a strong female character and maybe a spinoff series candidate for sure.  I am not sure why I would expect Stone to be anything other than the lothario he has been for 63 other books and I bet I'm a sucker who will check out his next adventure from my library when it is published.   Hard habit to break 


Near MissNear Miss by Stuart Woods
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While entertaining these books are definitely formulaic. Not sure when I will give up my determination to read them :). It’s more Stone bedroom antics albeit with less detailed description and less bed hopping. Only 3 ladies this book. It is once again his roving eye and charm that gets him muddled up with people who want him dead that’s for sure. Body count racked up in this book for sure. Lots of old friends appear in this book so maybe we will be seeing more of them in future books
If looking for a distraction read similar to a mission impossible movie then you will enjoy this book

View all my reviews


 

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #  86
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #   70
  3. Finishing the Series   #FinishingTheSeries2023  Series: 1 Book #2
  4. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023 64
  5. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023 3
  6. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #78
  7. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #64
  8. Six Shooter Challenge  Target # 93b  Shot #1
  9. Medical Examiner Challenge 10 Toe Tags

No comments:

Post a Comment