Friday, July 7, 2023

Murder Takes a Bow

 Murder Takes a Bow is the first book in a series set aboard a cruise ship.   It is based around a magician, Olivia Morgan, and her friends aboard a ship traveling in the Caribbean.  There is also a wonderful parrot sidekick who adds to the plot and is the comedic relief.  I look forward to reading more of Olivia and Coco's adventures at sea.


 Murder Takes a Bow

Murder Takes a Bow by Wendy Neugent
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this cozy. Olivia is a strong female character who overcomes some significant setbacks in her life during this book. I really liked the cruise ship setting and found the entertainment career aspect quite interesting. The mystery was constructed pretty well Ali though I will say I suspected the guilty party pretty early on in the story. I hope the series continues and highlights some of the ports they visit

View all my reviews



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #  81
  2. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes  Bahamas
  3. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023 1
  4. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023 -1
  5. What an Animal Book #30
  6. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #73
  7. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #35
  8. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #60
  9. Craving for Cozies  Book #52
  10. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #107  Shot #1
  11. Medical Examiner Challenge  2 Toe Tags

No comments:

Post a Comment