Saturday, October 30, 2021

I Survived Hurricane Katrina

 This is the 3rd book in the I Survived series for children.  I picked this book because I had a prompt to read a non fiction book about a weather disaster.  I mistakenly thought this was non fiction when I first checked it out from the library.  I think for the purposes of my challenge I may tweak the prompt to count this unless I can come up with another book for that prompt before year end.  

The book itself was very vivid and it was easy to imagine being caught up in the storm and the ensuing flooding.  The characters' emotions and experiences are well written without being too terrifying for a young reader.  The author hits her target audience well, providing facts that occurred in real life and combining it with a story they can relate to.   I am glad I read this book


Hurricane Katrina, 2005Hurricane Katrina, 2005 by Lauren Tarshis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Moving story

This is a well told story. The emotions and descriptions were vivid and believable. It was easy to visualize the things Barry was experiencing. Although it is a children's book I enjoyed reading it and found it engaging

View all my reviews


 

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  


  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #117
  2. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes  LA
  3. Pick your Poison #23-2 A nonfiction* book about a weather related disaster 


No comments:

Post a Comment