Monday, June 29, 2020

All Fudged Up

Chocolate and Bichon's what's not to love in this first book in the Candy Coated mysteries by Nancy CoCo.   Allie has come to Mackinaw Island to run her family's McMurphy hotel and fudge shop.  She never learned how to address finding a murder victim in your hotel when she was studying hospitality in school.  The characters are a diverse bunch and it isn't hard to imagine them as real characters on the small island.  I enjoyed the twists in the story and look forward to reading more about Allie and her hotel.

This book was extra interesting to me as I have heard about Mackinaw Island for years and it is on my list of places to visit.   Now I am really intrigued to go after reading the stories of the horse drawn transportation and the flashes to bygone eras. 

This is a fun cozy that was an easy read while still keeping me guessing on who the guilty party was and what the true mystery the McMurphy hotel was hiding.



All Fudged Up (Candy-Coated, #1)All Fudged Up by Nancy CoCo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fun cozy mystery for those looking to see a strong female character that is determined to follow her dreams. CoCo sets the story on iconic Mackinaw Island and does a wonderful job of describing the charm of the island and its residents. The characters are easy to relate to and a touch of romantic tension is thrown in for good measure. This is the first in the series and I look forward to reading more.


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #64
  2. Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and  Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book #52 
  3. Cruising through cozies -  Free choice #13
  4. Medical Examiner-  1 Toe Tag 
  5. Six Shooter- new target- 1st shot
  6. Mystery Bingo
    • Clues:  well oiled hinge

No comments:

Post a Comment