Friday, June 5, 2020

The Silent Patient

Wow,  now I see why this has gotten so many high praises from people in the different challenges I am participating in this year.  Alex Michaelides has written a crazy fast paced and engaging thriller with the Silent Patient.  I literally read it in one 4 hour sitting,  I never got up from the chair.  There were lots of plot twists and apparent clues but I never saw the ending coming.  It is a great book and I am so glad I read it.  The only thing that kept me from giving it a 5 star review was there was  bit of confusion in the timeline for me.  When I look back on it I think the confusion is intentional but I am not 100% sure.  This is a definite thriller to put on your list if you like psychological thrillers.


The Silent PatientThe Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow, was this an intense thriller. Couldn't stop reading, finished in 4 hours. There is a very surprising twist at the end that I definitely did not see coming. Only reason I didn't give it a 5 star was some of the chronological pieces didn't make sense to me. Overall a very fast paced and engaging thriller


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #54
  2.  Cloak and  Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal : Book  #42
  3. Popsugar- #popsugarreadingchallenge #31 Medical Thriller
  4. 20 in 20 #Read20in2020 # 3 Fiction A book with a (mostly) white color cover
  5. TBR Book #33  #Backlistreader ; #MountTBR2020; #StartOnYourShelfathon

No comments:

Post a Comment