Saturday, October 5, 2024

Review: Come and Get It

Come and Get It Come and Get It by Kiley Reid
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

intensely layered book

The book at times can have you laughing but then on a deeper level you see the difficulty the different students have. I think this book resonated with me because I have current college student. It certainly tugged on my fears and emotions. I also felt the message was to not judge everyone using your preconceived ideas. There are aspects of the book that I found the characters to be quick to make judgements about something being racist that comes from a lens of trying to find that everywhere vs a simple phrase- Grow where you’re planted for example. it was hard to tell if that was the point or if that’s the author’s true feelings

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment