Sunday, May 21, 2023

Invitation to Murder

Invitation to Murder written by Elizabeth Bright combines 2 of my favorite things.   Cozy mystery stories with cardmaking.  I selected this book to meet a challenge prompt of a book written using a pseudonym of the opposite gender as this is by the author Tim Myers.   I have previously read his books written as Cris Cavender which are a pizza parlor theme series.  So far he's 2 for 2 of the underlying setting of the series.  I enjoyed how the cardmaking techniques were blended into the story without too much distraction from the plot but still let me learn something about a craft I already do.  If you are interested in paper crafting at all I would highly recommend this series.

Invitation to MurderInvitation to Murder by Elizabeth Bright
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a nice mix of character development and relationships along with a good mystery. The clues were present and made sense. I also felt there was a nice balance incorporating the craft of card making into the story. The descriptions of the techniques made sense in the plot and didn’t overwhelm the story

View all my reviews

 

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #  62
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #   50
  3. AtoZ   #2023AtoZReadingChallenge  #AlphabetSoupChallenge  I
  4. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023 1
  5. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023 -1
  6. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #55
  7. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #46
  8. Cruisin thru Cozies Craft #1
  9. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #48
  10. Craving for Cozies  Book #42
  11. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #21  Shot #3
  12. Medical Examiner Challenge 1 Toe Tags
  13. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub2023  #5 Title starting with letter "I"
  14. Bookworm #9 Read a book about a hobby you enjoy or want to pick up (fiction or nonfiction)
  15. Pick your Poison  # 64 A book written by an author using a psuedonym of the opposite gender
  16. Beyond the Bookends  May  Detective

No comments:

Post a Comment