Monday, May 29, 2023

Less

 I will admit this was not my favorite read of the year by any means and it was really more like a 3.5 star read for me.  It was slow to get moving and it was a bit confusing at times.  I ended up liking it at the very end but it definitely is something you need to stick with to get to the good part.  Arthur Less is a man who is lacking in self-confidence and his place in life.   That is probably the strength of the story, the character development.  The narrator was a bit confusing for me and I think it would be something that would be gained by revisiting the early chapters.  


LessLess by Andrew Sean Greer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

interesting read

This was a bit of a slow burn in my opinion. The first half to 3/4 is a bit slow and drawn out for me. The story picked up a bit at the end. I am still confused on why it won a Pulitzer. I found the twists and turns interesting

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #  67
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #  55 
  3. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes  Morroco
  4. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book # 60
  5. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book # 50
  6. Around the Year in 52 Books #26. A book related to pride
  7. Bookworm #20 Read a book with a one-word title
  8. Beat the Backlist #BTB2023  #15 won an award
  9. HP Quidditch 23 #38 Fred Weasley: Read a duology (book 1)
  10. Nerdy Bookworm  #NerdyBookwormChallengeXO #13. A book with one word in the title
  11. PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge #22 A book with a queer lead
  12. Read with Allison #28 Book in a Duology (1): 

No comments:

Post a Comment