Sunday, December 4, 2022

Dumplin

 

I really did not know what to expect from this book.  I selected it as a YA romance when planning my year.  This is definitely not my normal go-to genre.  I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked the book and how much deeper it was than it appears on the surface.  I will definitely plan to read the rest of the series next year as well as Julie Murphy's debut book,    


Dumplin'Dumplin' by Julie Murphy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

a thought provoking story for young and old alike

The representation of Dumplin is spot on. As someone who is overweight many of her thoughts and inner critic is very easy to relate to. I also like that the other friends and her force her to look at the assumptions she makes about others as well. She is an honest character who goes through struggles and changes in this story. I look forward to reading more by this author

View all my reviews



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #   100
  2. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #124
  3. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #93
  4. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub  #16 A book you’ve seen someone reading in a public place
  5. Around the Year in 52 Books 39. A book from the TIME list of 100 Best YA Books of All Time
  6. Nerdy Bookworm  #NerdyBookwormChallengeXO # 43  Read a Young Adult Romance 
  7. Nerd Daily  #NERDREADING2022 # 48 one word title
  8. PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge # 37. A book about gender identity
  9. Pick your Poison #25 about body image

No comments:

Post a Comment