Sunday, March 13, 2022

Christmas Caramel Murder

Christmas Caramel Murder is  Hannah Swensen Book #20 was combined into a set with another Christmas-themed story and I inadvertently didn't realize I had read them previously.   This one centers on a Christmas reenactment of A Christmas Carol and features some dream/visits by Hannah's deceased father.  The reader can decide for themselves whether there is a spirit at play or just an active dream sequence.   The mystery itself is well written and enjoyable.  Even though I was rereading I didn't remember the guilty party until the very end so I enjoyed the read anyway.




Christmas Caramel MurderChristmas Caramel Murder by Joanne Fluke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had read this story a few years back but had realized it since the book was combines with another Hannah Swensen book in a Christmas collection. I actually reread it and realized I didn’t remember much. I will say that as the book wrapped up I remembered who the guilty party was but that wasn’t until the very end. I always enjoy reading this series but I do seem to visualize Hannah as Alison Sweeney vs the red head she is in the book :).
This is a great series if you like to bake or are into sweets at all

View all my reviews


   

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  


  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #23
  2. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes   MN
  3. Finishing the Series   #FinishingTheSeries2022  Series: 13  Book #1
  4. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #25
  5. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #15
  6. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #10
  7. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #24
  8. Craving for Cozies  Book #23
  9. Medical Examiner Challenge  1 Toe Tags
  10. Beachcomber Challenge  
    • Crime Scene- parking lot
    • Detectives- Hannah Swensen
  11. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #44  Shot #4
  12. Around the Year in 52 Books #27. 2 books with the same word in the title - Book 2
  13. Beat the Backlist #BTB2022  #20 murder, mystery or both
  14. Nancy Drew #32. The Scarlet Slipper Mystery (1954) - read a book with a lot of red on the cover
  15. Nerd Daily  #NERDREADING2022 # 1 book with a red spine 
  16. OWLS 22  # 32 Trelawney: A book featuring a prophecy 
  17. Pick your Poison #5 book with the color red or the word "read" on the cover
  18. 52 books in 52 weeks  #1 Play it again Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment