Sunday, November 15, 2020

The Secret Box

 This Middle grade book by Whitaker Ringwald was my selection for several challenges for books on my TBR list for the longest.  I went through my want to read shelf on Goodreads and found this toward the end.  I had originally put this on my shelf for a possible read for my son.   I decided to give it a try since it was available at the library and would be a quick read as the year is ending.  I ended up enjoying the book and was surprised by the fact it was a thriller/mystery book.  All in all a fun read with good characters


The Secret BoxThe Secret Box by Whitaker Ringwald
My rating: 4 of 5 stars 

Fun thriller for kids

Who doesn’t love a book with secrets, mysterious boxes and travel adventures. This book is a fun thriller that takes cousins, Jax and Ethan, on a whirlwind chase. They wanted to find out what was in the box Jax’s Mom doesn’t want her to have. The kids take turns as narrators and readers experience their growth and development along with them. They undergo some stressful experiences but they learn so much about themself and each other. The story is a well written mystery with some magical fantasy included. For anyone looking for a fun adventure story be sure to check it out 

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge -  Book #126
  2. Around the Year in 52 Books- #36- A book from your TBR/wishlist that you don't recognize
  3. Book List Queen #22- Bottom of Your To-Read List

No comments:

Post a Comment