I am looking forward to hearing more about the personal stories of Lindsay & Sully, Beth & Ryan and Emma & Robbie as well as the supporting characters in the story. I am curious to see if Chloe is made into a recurring character as she seems to have a good relationship with the main characters of the stories.
Word to the Wise by Jenn McKinlay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
It is always enjoyable to read about Lindsey and her friends. This edition of the Briar Creek Library adventures is a delight as we visit Briar Creek, CT during a drought in June. Lindsay has a visit from a new town resident looking for gardening advice to save his roses. His thank you roses and more prove to be an unwelcome bit of attention. Fortunately her fiance', Sully and Robbie Vine are able to support her in confirming he lack of interest. This drags all 3 of them into a mystery that grows as the book progresses. We get glimpses of Lindsay and Sully's wedding planning and the lives of their friends and family during this book. I look forward to the next installment and see how Mrs. Cole's aka the Lemon's, new venture pans out.
View all my reviews
Challenge PromptsThe Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
- Library Love #LibraryLoveChallenge - Book #27
- Finishing the Series- #FinishingTheSeries2020 Library Lover's series
- Cravings for a Cozy and Cloak and Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book #19
- Cruising through cozies - Free choice #1
- Calendar of Crime- #CalendarOfCrime2020 Jun #3- Primary action takes place this month
- Medical Examiner- 2 Toe Tags
- Six Shooter- 2nd shot for Jenn McKinlay
- Mystery Bingo:
- Crime Scenes: Library; Bedroom
- Durmstrang: outdoors