As my full review states below, this is a typical Stone Barrington novel. Globe trotting and sexual exploits abound. The storyline wasn't too bad and there were some interesting twists to keep the reader engaged. These books are fun light reads and are not meant to be overly intellectual or in depth. Taken as a fun escape it is a decent book. Like all these books, I prefer to read them from the library because they are quick reads that I would be upset to spend the cover price for the hardcover.
Contraband by Stuart Woods
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
The adventures with Stone Barrington never cease to be sexy and exciting. This book finds him bouncing back and forth between NYC and Key West. Remarkably, he only bounces between 2 women which makes it a bit less obnoxious than the last time we saw him. This storyline has 2 different threads but Woods does a good job of weaving the story together in a cohesive manner. All in all an enjoyable easy read, not the book if you are looking for deep intellectually stimulating material but still a fun read.
View all my reviews
Challenge PromptsThe Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:
- Library Love #LibraryLoveChallenge - Book 26
- Finishing the Series- #FinishingTheSeries2020 up on the Stone Barrington as of Mar 2020
- Calendar of Crime- #CalendarOfCrime2020 February #9 couple/love triangle major role
- Cloak and Dagger #CloakDaggerChal : Book 18
- Medical Examiner- 2 Toe Tag
- Six Shooter- 3rd shot for Stuart Woods
- Mystery Bingo:
- Red Herring : Gambling Debts; Second Weapon
- Durmstrang: Involves a boat