Friday, June 23, 2023

The Mother in Law

 The Mother In Law, by Sally Hepworth is an ebook I have had on my Kindle for a while.  I uncovered it when I went looking for a thriller set in Australia in order to fulfill prompts from different challenges using the same book as the month was nearing an end.  This book has quite an intriguing set of characters and a suspenseful story based in Melbourne.   The story bounces back and forth between the present when the matriarch of the family has passed away and into the past at different times to set the stage for the story.    The book grabbed my attention enough to stay up until 2am to finish it on the 2nd day of reading.  I plan to look into other books by Hepworth.  


The Mother-in-LawThe Mother-in-Law by Sally Hepworth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this thriller set in Australia. I liked both the suspenseful storyline and the characters developed in the story. The family dynamics in the story are very relatable to many readers I am certain. There are background stories that all weave together to tell a story of relationships and death.

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #  77
  2. Mount TBR   #MountTBR2023  Book # 8
  3. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #57
  4. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #58
  5. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #105  Shot #1
  6. Medical Examiner Challenge 3 Toe Tags
  7. Beat the Backlist #BTB2023  #23 recommended by a bookseller
  8. Nerdy Bookworm  #NerdyBookwormChallengeXO #8. Book that is set in the decade you were born in 
  9. Nerd Daily #thenerddaily #nerdreading2023 #26. RECOMMENDED BY BOOKSTORE
  10. PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge #21 A book set in the decade you were born
  11. Pick your Poison  # 24 A standalone book
  12. Read with Allison #17 Bookstore Recommendation:
  13. Book Voyage  #bookvoyagechallenge  Jun Set in Australia
  14. Diversify your reading #DYRC23  June: Thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment