Sunday, August 15, 2021

Z Rex

 This book is definitely not in my usual genre choice for sure.  It is a middle grade reader that is definitely science fiction.   I also don't generally pick books about dinosaurs either.  This book just happened to cover to more difficult challenge prompts in one read though-  the letter Z and a book about dinosaurs.  So this is how I came to read it in 2021.

This book is a great book for young readers especially boys who may be reluctant readers.  The main character is a male who is trying to find his father all while encountering bad guys and real dinosaurs.  The book also incorporates video game features.  All the makings of a book that is interesting to young males.  Personally I found it a quick read once I got engaged in the book and finished it in one day.  I found it interesting if not exactly realistic.  It was a fun read.

I did enjoy it though so I guess the goal of reading things out of your norm by participating in challenges was achieved.  Who knows I might even pick the follow up next year to complete my alpha challenge again in 2022.  


Z. RexZ. Rex by Steve Cole
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is an enjoyable read and would be a great pick for any young reader who likes fantasy and dinosaurs. It is not my usual choice of genres but I selected for a reading challenge. It was an enjoyable read with drama and a bit of mystery thrown in. All in all a fun read that had a bit of deeper ethical questions underlying it that sparks thinking from more mature readers

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #94
  2. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes  Scotland
  3. AtoZ   #2021AtoZReadingChallenge  #AlphabetSoupChallenge  "Z"
  4. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021   Book #101
  5. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #115
  6. PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge #32. A book whose title starts with “Q,” “X,” or “Z”
  7. The Unofficial Magnus Archives Challenge  #TMARC21  #30. Change: about/involving dinosaurs
  8. Pick your Poison #17-2 A book with a shape-shifting character
  9. Monthly Motif #MonthlyMotifGXO  magic/super powers
  10. Monthly Keyword #MonthlyKeyWordGXO-  One
  11. 52 books in 52 weeks  #22 fantasy creatures

No comments:

Post a Comment