Tuesday, August 17, 2021

The Housewives: The Real Story Behind the Real Housewives

 Fans of the Bravo series Real Housewives will find this non fiction work interesting.  I will admit I enjoyed it but it wasn't quite the expose with lots of gory details I was hoping for when I placed it on hold at my library long before its publication.   It was an enjoyable read but I was looking for juicy details and backstage info.  While there was some of that it felt at times like it was trying to be a college thesis or was looking for a sociological tie to justify its writing.  

I think if you  watch the shows you enjoy their gossipy/ voyeuristic aspects and you are probably hoping to find that and details of behind the scenes info which this book did provide just not as much as I was expecting.  If you would like to find out some of the background info on the reality world and how it is made this is an interesting read you might find enjoyable


The Housewives: The Real Story Behind the Real HousewivesThe Housewives: The Real Story Behind the Real Housewives by Brian Moylan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I will admit I have watched an episode or 2 of the housewives. The glamorous settings combined with the drama is a bit addicting. Perfect shows for binge watching and this book helps clarify the work that goes into that appeal and how they set up the cliffhanger in every episode. It gives a birds eye view of the process that goes into the making of a series and an episode. There is a bit of history into reality tv as well. While I found it well written and interesting I was hoping for me tidbits on the housewives and the show events. It was enjoyable but did not totally fill my need for inside information

View all my reviews



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  


  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #96
  2. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2021   Book #103
  3. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #117
  4. Non Fiction Reader  #2021ReadNonFic  #12. Published in 2021 
  5. Pick your Poison #26-1 A book with a crowded cover


No comments:

Post a Comment