Tuesday, October 11, 2022

A Recipe For Disaster Cozy Mystery 1 & 2

 I decided to read the first book in the Recipe for Disaster cozy series by Zanna Mackenzie when I found it in my Kindle Unlimited list.  Murder on the Menu was an engaging read and I was immediately inspired to read the next book after starting the sneak peak at the end of Murder on the Menu.   The series is set in the Cumbrian area of the lake country in England.   There are multiple different areas covered by the story.  There is a celebrity restaurant, a farming/rural element and the starting over component.   In the second story, Holiday Heist, there is a collaborative aspect to the investigation between Stella and Jack that was a pleasant approach compared to many cozies.  I look forward to reading more of this series for sure and seeing how the relationship develops.




Murder On The MenuMurder On The Menu by Zanna Mackenzie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

English lake country cozy

This is the first but definitely not the last mystery I have read by Zanna Mackenzie
She weaves a good mystery with fun characters. I appreciate the relationship between Lizzie and Stella, her bff. Additionally the caution she exhibits when meeting Jack seems appropriate. I also liked the layers to the mystery and how each time it seemed solved there was another complication.


View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. 2022TBR  #2022ReadingChallenge  # 
  2. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #98
  3. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #73
  4. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #65
  5. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #92
  6. Craving for Cozies  Book #83
  7. Medical Examiner Challenge 1 Toe Tags
  8. Beachcomber Challenge  
    • Crime Scene- restaurant
    • Weapon- stab
    • Detectives- Lizzie
    • Victims- armand
  9. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #90  Shot #1
  10. Monthly Motif #MonthlyMotifGXO  murder


Holiday HeistHoliday Heist by Zanna Mackenzie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Enjoyable novella. Liked reading more about Lizzie and Jack. Fun non murder mystery that’s a quick read. Had a great Christmas vibe to it too

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #99
  2. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #74
  3. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #66
  4. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #93
  5. Craving for Cozies  Book #84
  6. Six Shooter Challenge  Target # 90 Shot #2

No comments:

Post a Comment