Saturday, August 27, 2022

The Big Chili

 This is the first book in the Undercover Dish series by Julia Buckley.  I didn't know what to expect when I selected the Big Chili and was surprised to find it set in IL.   As I have mentioned previously I always enjoy reading books set in locales I am familiar with and this was no exception.  I really enjoyed the development of Lilah's character.   She is a strong determined woman but also shows real vulnerability in the face of danger.  I look forward to reading more about her and especially about the development of her catering career.  The premise behind her business and how she becomes involved in a murder is quite a unique twist and showed lots of creativity.  I look forward to reading more in the series.



The Big ChiliThe Big Chili by Julia Buckley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Love the fact the main character Lilah is doing whatever it takes to pursue her dream career. The authenticity of the characters reactions to different people's actions and behaviors feels very real. The guilty party is well concealed but can be figured out by paying attention to all the clues as the story is read. Looking forward to reading more about Lilah and her budding catering career

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book # 72
  2. What an Animal Book #42
  3. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #86
  4. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #66
  5. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #56
  6. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #81
  7. Craving for Cozies  Book #74
  8. Medical Examiner Challenge 2 Toe Tags
  9. Beachcomber Challenge  
    • Crime Scene- church, office
    • Weapon- poison
    • Detectives- Lilah
    • Victims- Alice Dixon;  Bert Spielman
  10. Six Shooter Challenge  Target # 88 Shot #1
  11. Pick your Poison  # 27 a book with the word "over" in the title

No comments:

Post a Comment