Friday, August 5, 2022

Encyclopedia Brown Boy Detective

 This was a blast from the past for me.  I listened to the audiobook to satisfy a requirement for a book for entire family.   It felt like a fun opportunity to go back and read some of the initial mystery series I read way back when.  Even then, I was an avid mystery reader- Encyclopedia Brown, Nancy Drew, Bobbsey Twins, Boxcar Children and Trixie Belden were all found in my reading pile during elementary school.  I still have copies of the original 54 Nancy Drew books.  Obviously I was hooked on the mystery and problem solving at a young age.



Encyclopedia Brown, Boy DetectiveEncyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective by Donald J. Sobol
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

fun to go back and read an early mystery series I read as a child. i must admit it is much easier to solve the problems as an adult with a greater attention to detail

View all my reviews



Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #65
  2. Audiobook  #2022AudiobookChallenge #7
  3. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #77
  4. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #59
  5. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #49
  6. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #72
  7. Craving for Cozies  Book #66
  8. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub  #46  A job title in the title 
  9. BooklistQueen  #booklistqueenreadingchallenge2022 #41. Reread a Favorite
  10. Nancy Drew # 52. The Secret of the Forgotten City (1975) - re-read a book that you read a long time ago
  11. Pick your Poison #77 reread a childhood favorite
  12. Beyond the Bookends  July- Listen to a family friendly audiobook
  13. Century challenge  1960s


No comments:

Post a Comment