Monday, July 18, 2022

Santa Cruise

 Santa Cruise is the first book I have read by Fern Michaels.  I was drawn to the book based upon the cover and the title.  For some reason I felt like reading a Christmas type book and decided this would be a perfect Christmas in July theme read.   I don't generally read the more romance chick flick type books a lot but I did find myself thoroughly enjoying this book.  It was fun reading about the cruise and all the exciting activities and ports of call particularly since it has been several years since we have been on one and I do miss this vacation style.  

The character relationships fit well with the concept of good friends reuniting at a high school reunion and reigniting old bonds.  The redevelopment of their friendships felt organic and realistic.  Their personal development and growth when facing life changing career decisions seemed real and the level of uncertainty and angst was conveyed at a believable level.  

I would not hesitate to select another book by Fern Michaels if I was looking for a feel good escape.  


Santa CruiseSanta Cruise by Fern Michaels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

fun book combining Christmas and vacation

What a fun book about a cruise reuniting a group of HS friends add in Christmas season and a bit of romance. All in all a fun enjoyable read

View all my reviews

Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #61
  2. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2022   Book #73
  3. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub  # 17 A book picked based on its spine
  4. Bookworm #43 Read a book by an author with the same name as one of your parents 
  5. Nerd Daily  #NERDREADING2022 #8 bought based on cover 
  6. PopSugar #popsugarreadingchallenge #2. A book set on a plane, train, or cruise ship
  7. Pick your Poison #103  a beach read 
  8. Monthly Motif #MonthlyMotifGXO  JULY- Summer Lovin’ 
  9. Diversify your reading #DYRC22  Jul Contemporary Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment