Sunday, October 29, 2023

Meddling and Murder

 Meddling and Murder is the 4th Aunty Lee book by Ovidia Yu.  This installment felt a little different from the others in the series.   For some reason it just felt a bit forced and as though the characters were not in sync with their usual rhythms.   I also discovered after reading it that there don't seem to be any more books in this series so I don't know if the author abandoned this series for her other colonial Singapore-based series.  I am interested in trying that series to see how I like it since I do enjoy reading about Singapore and its culture.   Hopefully, there will be more written about Aunty Lee in the future to see what happens with the characters.  



Meddling and MurderMeddling and Murder by Ovidia Yu
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoy this series very much. Aunty Lee is quite a character and her relationships with Nina, her stepson and her friends are quite amusing at times. She makes new friends in this book as she looks to expand her independence during this story. I didn’t give this a higher rating because I felt this story didn’t flow as smoothly as the previous books. I think it was because the stairs kept changing focus of characters and the sub plots. The mystery was wrapped up at the end but still felt like a bit of the details could be expanded upon more thoroughly. I do hope the series continues so readers see how Nina’s story progresses

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #  104
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book # 86  
  3. Alphabet Soup Author Edition #AlphabetSoupAuthorChallenge   Y
  4. Finishing the Series   #FinishingTheSeries2023  Series: 16  Book #1
  5. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023 4
  6. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023 5
  7. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #95
  8. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #72
  9. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #51
  10. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #80
  11. Craving for Cozies  Book #68
  12. Six Shooter Challenge  Target #94  Shot #4
  13. Medical Examiner Challenge  2 Toe Tags
  14. 52 Book Club  #the52bookclub2023  #39 The Final Book in a Series
  15. Book Voyage  #bookvoyagechallenge  July: Books Set in Southern Asia
  16. Diversify your reading #DYRC23  October: True Crime/Mystery
  17. TBRChallenge  #TBRChallenge  October 18 - Danger Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment