Monday, September 25, 2023

Misfortune Cookie

 This is the 9th book in the Noodle Shop series by Vivienne Chien.  I thoroughly enjoy the series but unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the previous books.   I think it had to do with missing the usual quirky supporting cast.  This book is set in L.A. when Lana and her sister, Anna May, are visiting their Aunt.  The structure of the mystery is well done, it is just that I couldn't follow the characters since they were almost all new to me.  I enjoyed the book, just not as much as others in the series.  I look forward to reading more when Lana and Anna May are back in Cleveland.  

Misfortune CookieMisfortune Cookie by Vivien Chien
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While I enjoy reading the stories about the situations Lana finds herself in, I did not enjoy this one quite as much as the ones set in Ohio. I think because the characters weee not the core group that are in the other books it was more difficult for me to follow and stay engaged. The mystery is well plotted and revealed it was just difficult for me to follow the characters for some reason. I do hope the series continues as I enjoy it

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book #  95
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #78   
  3. Finishing the Series   #FinishingTheSeries2023  Series: 14 Book #1
  4. Stacking the Series  #stackingseries2023 9
  5. Series Catchup #seriescatchup2023 3
  6. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #87
  7. Cruisin thru Cozies  Free choice #44
  8. Cloak & Dagger  #CloakDaggerChal  Book #72
  9. Craving for Cozies  Book #61
  10. Six Shooter Challenge  Target # 23 Shot #5
  11. Medical Examiner Challenge  2 Toe Tags
  12. Beat the Backlist #BTB2023  #20 featuring travel (time optional)
  13. Pick your Poison  # 109 *A book you've been waiting to gobble up
  14. Read Around the US   Sept Characters Traveling Across State Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment