Thursday, April 6, 2023

MS Marvel Vol 4

 I have selected the Ms Marvel Vol 4  this year to continue reading the series as it covers multiple prompts from my challenges.  There is almost always a prompt where G Willow Wilson as an author meets the requirements.  Additionally this year there were prompts about graphic novels in genres I don't normally read and although Parable of the Sower would have fit the prompt, I utilized that graphic novel for other prompts.  

I did find this book, a series of books really, to be a bit more difficult to follow than previous volumes I have read.  I think it is much more intended for the die hard Ms Marvel fans and Avengers fans in general.  I like them but more from the entertainment factor of the movies rather than a devotion to the Marvel universe.  

That being said, I do enjoy the fact Kamala is portrayed as a strong young woman who overcomes many challenges including her family background to be someone that is admired and respected, even if it is her alter ego.  I would recommend reading the volumes in order as there are portions of previous stories that are built upon in this one and it gives context to have read the others.  


Ms. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last DaysMs. Marvel, Vol. 4: Last Days by G. Willow Wilson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I found this volume of Ms Marvel to be a bit confusing. Not really sure if the story has to do with Thanos in the Marvel timeline or not. Also the last of the volume feels a bit miah mash with sudden random mix ups with Spider Man. I found myself quite confused and feeling as though I was lacking context to the storyline. This book felt as though it was better suited to hard core Avenger followers

View all my reviews


Challenge Prompts

The Challenge Prompts I will use this for are:  

  1. Goodreads and Reading by the Numbers #ReadingByNumbers2023 Book # 45 
  2. Library Love  #LibraryLoveChallenge  Book #  37 
  3. Literary Escapes  #LiteraryEscapes  NJ
  4. Virtual Mount TBR #VirtualMountTBR2023   Book #39
  5. Back List Reader  #Backlistreader  Book #34
  6. BooklistQueen  #booklistqueenreadingchallenge2023  #3. By a Black Author
  7. Beat the Backlist #BTB2023  #12 name in the title 
  8. Nerdy Bookworm  #NerdyBookwormChallengeXO #3  A book outside of your comfort genre's 
  9. Read with Allison #36 Fantasy
  10. Read Your Bookshelf  March: The title starts with the next letter in the alphabet from your Feb book.
  11. Diversify your reading #DYRC23 May: Young Adult

No comments:

Post a Comment