Saturday, January 13, 2024

End of 23 reading

 Death in Irish Accents

Death in Irish Accents by Catie Murphy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book but I didn’t enjoy the strife between Jelena and Megan very much. While I understand Jelena’s concerns about Megan getting involved in investigations I also found her behavior a bit immature at times. The plot had lots of good twists and suspects although I did find some of the info to be a bit spoon fed versus discovery like in pst installments in the series I look forward to reading the next book



Killer WordsKiller Words by V.M. Burns
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Enjoyed reading about the adventures of Sam and her family both by blood and by relationships. This book found lots of change happening to many of the supporting cast. It is a book with transitions on relationships that help propel the series forward with growing stagnant. It is especially interesting to see how Sam’s relationship with Stinky Pete is evolving in this book. The mystery is layered with rumors and small town politics which makes for an intriguing plot with several twists.




Chamomile MourningChamomile Mourning by Laura Childs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

While I thoroughly enjoyed this visit to Charleston and it’s antiques and heritage there was something not quite engaging about this installment of the Tea Shop mysteries. I found this one took me longer to get into than others. I think it might have had to do with the turmoil in Theodosia’s personal life. Also I found the character of Parker Sully reminded me of the restauranteur Childs introduces us to in the New Orleans scrapbook series. OverLl the mystery is good but felt like a few of the clues were a bit of a reach in this one

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment